> bob_brigante wrote:
> >
> > I've pretty much eliminated soda and drink juice, but when I
drink
> > soda, Hansen's, available at the supermarkets as well as the
health
> > food places, is a sugar-only alternative to the corn drinks. For
> > sure, Nutrasweet and other artificial sweeteners are suspect and
very
> > likely to be anything but bad for health. Anyway, sugar is
sattvic in
> > moderation in Ayurveda. You can smuggle in your Hansen's in your
> > jacket, be cheaper than the theater ripoff anyway.

> Hansen's doesn't make a cola that I'm aware of.  The local grocery
has
> their stuff in the natural foods section so I looked.  In some
stores
> they have a vanilla cola which doesn't interest me.  Red Bull is
> expensive at $1.49 a can but a nice treat and all natural including
cola
> nut extract.  Hansen's used to have a cola though and I remember
health
> food stores having all kinds of natural colas.  The theater needs
> make money or they won't be there anymore so what little I spend
there
> on refreshments keeps them in business.  The studios take most of
the
> ticket fee.  It's just too weird to have an 8 screen state of the
art
> theater where I live as most of the Bay Area theaters are not yet
> digital (and have higher ticket fees).

********

Evidently no cola, but their ginger beer sounds good:
http://hansens.com/products/products.php?subcat=3&color=soda

You're right that the studios absolutely need the refreshment stand
money, but they can make it on the rug rats -- I dislike paying 1000%
markups for my sugar water on my infrequent trips to the cine.