> On Nov 2, 2008, at 9:47 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> >> Maybe you're an Annihilationist.
> >
> > maybe you're a compulsive labeler, Mr. Vaj. it is a strange way
> > avoid my question. what if reincarnation is a scam?
>
> Sounds like you were surprised your View had a name.
>
>  From my POV Annihilationism is a false View, based on personal
> experience. But I'd also add the conventional view of
reincarnation
> may represent more of a parody than the facts. If one has
lingering
> questions or lingering doubts, apply the practices which can
clarify
> your way of seeing and then decide. Don't get stuck relying on
> external authorities.

everything has a name. it sounds like you may be relying on some
nebulous subjective experience to comfort yourself in the face of
your eventual death. i have no doubts, questions or fears associated
with my complete dissolution at death. sounds like you might.
careful what others tell you, even those you trust associated with
your religous or spiritual tradition. remember, tradition just means
old.