I sincerely hope the future is brighter, but I'm not as much of an
optimist as many of you are.  I think Obama is an arrogant sleazy
scumbag, an empty suit on the same order as Bush, but Black and a
Democrat...so perhaps there will be changes.  As for Big Brother, that
scenario will only expand, although the eye watching us will be of a
different hue.  Re-read Orwell, especially "1984."  I used to teach
that novel, and the echoes still reverberate in my head.  Orwell
believed that if you keep the lower classes content with enough gin and
mindless entertainment, they will be totally complacent and
maleable...I see this same strand of thought emanating from level-the-
income-field Obamabots.

And I wonder if I will live long enough to see history re-written.

Time will tell.