--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "bitingbirdie"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I sincerely hope the future is brighter, but I'm not as much of an
> optimist as many of you are.  I think Obama is an arrogant sleazy
> scumbag, an empty suit on the same order as Bush, but Black and a
> Democrat...so perhaps there will be changes.  As for Big Brother,
> that scenario will only expand, although the eye watching us will
> be of a different hue.  Re-read Orwell, especially "1984." I used
> to teach that novel, and the echoes still reverberate in my head.
> Orwell believed that if you keep the lower classes content with
> enough gin and mindless entertainment, they will be totally
> complacent and maleable...I see this same strand of thought
> emanating from level-the-income-field Obamabots.
>
> And I wonder if I will live long enough to see history re-written.
>
> Time will tell.

Interesting phraseology in the next-to-last sentence,
because just yesterday on another forum that has been
infested by PUMA types, someone suggested that in her
opinion the PUMAs were primarily old women whose
primary motivation was the fear that they would die
without ever seeing a woman as President.

Interesting also that one would consider "rewriting
history" instead of doing things well enough that you
write it in the first place. The latter is what
grownups who live in the present do.