-snip-
> I still wouldn't vote for her, and there's no
> question that she isn't presidential material.
> But the sheer meanness with which she's been
> attacked is unwarranted and inexcusable.

politics is a dirty business because part of the strategy is always to
paint your opposition as untrustworthy and incompetent. if the
democrats had played nice with palin while she was happily drumming up
hatred against obama, who knows what would have happened?

to call the democrats' actions unwarranted and inexcusable, and
attributing those same actions to meanness is naive.