> On Nov 9, 2008, at 6:23 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > Does the term "unsustainable growth" mean anything to you? The TMO
> > got too
> > big, too fast. That is obvious to me and others like McWilliams.
> > That you don't
> > see it suggests that you just want to play finger-pointing games
> > because things
> > didn't turn out the way you thought they should.
>

> Does the term "megalomaniacal" mean anything to you?

OK...

> Whatever.

Note, I never claimed that MMY was not megalomaniacal, only that whatever
the reason/purpose/intent/rationale for his actions, they had the long-term
positive effect of downsizing his organizatio, which had experienced
unsustainable
growth for several years. The long-term survival of the TMO may not be certain
NOW, but had it continued to grow as it was back then, its demise would have
been certain. One possible alternate scenario would have been if Chopra
had not decided to leave the TMO. His subsequent appearance on Oprah might
have launched a TM revival, but even that might have ended up petering out with
Chopra leaving in disillusionment later rather than sooner.

Lawson