> Though it would nary raise an  eyebrow in other parts of the world
> you've probably read that Joe Scarborough got in trouble for
dropping
> the "F-bomb" on his show:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Post_Fbomb_Scarborough_placed_on_sevense
cond_1111.html

> On November 1st a local radio host, Karel, on KGO dropped the "F-
bomb"
> three times by accident on a news break when he thought his mic was
> off.   He does his show remote from Los Angeles in a room where he
lives
> and the board operator had taken a potty break but forgot to turn
off
> the remote feed.  ABC News (which has annoying news readers IMO)
had a
> story about Joe the Plumber  and Karel, like me, was getting tired
of
> hearing about Joe and let off the expletives which went out over
the
> air.  Karel and the board operator were fired yesterday.  Joe
> Scarborough keeps his gig but MSNBC has put a 7 second delay on
him.
> Let's see Scarborough is conservative and Karel, who is openly gay,
> liberal, and very popular in his time slot gets fired.
>
> KGO's Gene Burns during his 7 PM show last night had Karel on
briefly so
> he could say goodbye to his audience.  Karel mentioned he has
gotten
> more flack from the left than the right over this.  Ariana
Huffington
> has dropped his blog articles.  On the ba.broadcast newsgroup which
is
> populated by many local broadcast people (engineers, hosts and
> producers) I started a topic on Scarborough's F-bomb compared with
> Karel's (Scarborough is on a cable not broadcast network and is not
> under FCC regulation).  I thought I was going to get trashed for
> mentioning how backward America is when it comes to this stuff but
> instead I got a lot of agreement.  Even Gene Burns on his show last
> night was of the opinion that American needs to "grow up."
>
> One point being brought up is that Kevin Martin the young current
> chairman of the FCC wants to expand their influence to the Internet
and
> cable.  Let's lobby Obama to fire this brat's ass.
>
> KGO's press release:
> http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?id=979729&spid=15884
>
> Karel's web site.  Karel DID mention he has already gotten offers
from
> other stations including ones in the Bay Area.  I would suspect
KKGN
> which is the local Air America Radio outlet and maybe the NovaM
network
> who picked up Randi Rhodes after AAR fired her for blasting Hillary
at a
> weekend show (not radio) in San Francisco.
> http://radiokrl.com/

I was watching when the F-bomb came spitting out of Joe's mouth...
It got real quiet for a New York minute, and then, Joe said, did I
just say the F-bomb?
He seemed like spaced out that morning, and didn't even know he used
the word...(I guess they talk like that on breaks).
But anyway, it's a good show; Joe is totally overbearing;
Mika looks stoned on Ambien, but her father is well connected, as she
is also.
It's just a karma laden show, because at that time of the morning,
anything seems to pop out of someone's mouth, without much thought.
Remember Imus used to have this show, timeslot, and now he's back on
some local New York station.
Life goes on.
R.G.