--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu noozguru@ wrote:
> >
> > In general the society is going toward a more sedentary lifestyle.
> > I have yet to see any doctor or nutritionist develop and trumpet
> > a "sedentary diet." IOW, a diet tailored for those who aren't
> > exactly living a more active lifestyle even if they are going for
> > a walk daily.
>
> Most doctors and nutritionists still firmly believe in all the
> low-fat, anti-saturated fat, and cholesterol nonsense. Wanna be fat
> and unhealthy? Then listen to that crowd. Wanna be be healthy and
> avoid modern disease epidemics? Then stop eating the modern foods that
> are causing them: refined carbs and refined polyunsaturated seed oils.
>
> Take a look at what a paleo diet and a few workouts per week are doing
> for this middle-aged desk jockey:
>
> http://theorytopractice.wordpress.com/
>
> Even with less exercise than that guy gets, a paleo diet with caloric
> intake dialed down to an appropriate level will sustain proper body
> weight without constant hunger and cravings.

*********

Your genetic makeup and exercise profile may tolerate your meateating
diet, but meateating is simply not at all healthy for the great majority
of people. Beginning with the Korean War, all dead soldiers were
autopsied to see how their arteries were, a battlefield being a great
place to get lots of young subjects. The 50s diet did not contain
refined polyunsatured seed oils and certainly fewer refined carbs, yet
the majority of young soldiers did have advanced coronary lesions:

"These results correspond with the observation 36 y earlier of

advanced coronary artery lesions in young (average age: 22 y)

soldiers killed in the Korean War (30). Thus, there seems little

doubt that in the coronary arteries the juvenile fatty streak—an

apparently innocuous cluster of macrophage foam cells in the

arterial intima—can, in some individuals, progress to advanced

atherosclerotic lesions within a few decades.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/72/5/1307S.pdf
<http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/72/5/1307S.pdf>