You can look at it either way...
The light is becoming brighter and exposing the darknesses in the
various situations, that human egos have created, over the centuries.
I believe that President Elect Obama, carries with him, an amount of
light and clarity, not seen for ages...
Not so much as someone like you or me, but someone who, for whatever
reason, has determined himself to be the one to challenge everything
from our past, recent and remote, and evolve it to a higher level of
functioning. He is the polar opposite of George W.Bush, and we needed
Bush, to 'hit bottom' so to speak, in order to elect someone who is
so revolutionary.
The people who are still holding on to an image of the Clintons, or
the Republicans running things are holding on to the familiar.
But, the time we are living in, if it has been as dysfunctional that
we know it is, and has been, then we know that there will have to be
some pretty dramatic changes, for humanity to make it through this
next quite dangerous period.
It is quite common throughout history, that those ones who carried
the inner light, inner awareness of the truth, were exposed to all
kinds of predudice, torture and murder.
As the light challenges the dark, the dark reacts...
The more it feels threatened the more insane it reveals itself to Be.
This is what is happening now...the absurd insanity is revealing
itself to be what it is on so many levels, including the limitations
of a pure capitalistic system, that skims too much to from the bottom
to prop up the top...the ego...nationalism, tribalism and consumerism.
To quote Dylan again: 'The Times They Are a Changin'...
Big time.
R.G.

-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Do we really -- in the media and on this forum --
> have to endure 4 to 8 more years of these out-
> of-control egos projecting their own self-hatred
> onto Obama, and onto their supporters? Are some
> people so out of touch with reality that they're
> going to continue obsessing on has-beens like
> Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin, and continue
> putting Obama up on "negative pedestals" so that
> they can feel more superior when (not if, in their
> sick minds) they topple him from them?
>
> Guess so. All I can think of to do is to 1) pity
> these poor, sick fucks, 2) ignore them and focus
> on something more productive, and 3) do every-
> thing in my power to make people laugh at them as
> the jokes they are. Being laughed at is worse than
> dying to these crazies, and that is exactly why
> we should do it.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5jgc2t
>
> What Doesn't Kill The Far-Right Only Makes Them Crazier
>
> For the last eight years, we've observed Karl Rove's non-reality
based
> universe in which logic was entirely abandoned in lieu of whatever
> reality the administration invented in order to serve its ridiculous
> policies and to mask its glaring nincompoopery. Intellectually
> dishonest at best -- destructive and criminal at worst.
>
> This didn't end on Election Day.
>
> Since their thumpin' last week, the far-right has pushed the crazy
> eleven and snapped the knob clean off -- an opening salvo of twisted
> hackery portending an insane four-to-eight years of attacks on the
> Obama administration. If the last seven days have been any
indication,
> the far-right is shaping up to make the 1990s seem quaint -- even
> erudite by comparison. That which used to be your basic, off-the-
shelf
> intellectual dishonesty has grown into, as Digby pointed out
recently,
> full-on intellectual violence.
>
> Intellectual violence. While not a new term, it perfectly defines
what
> we're seeing now: accusations and smears that so severely confound
> logic they literally attack -- violate -- reality and the human
> intellect. It's like a berzerker dervish of argumentative elbows and
> fists indiscriminately flailing around, thwacking anything in its
> orbit, so much so that constructing a counterpoint is literally
> painful, "Why the hell am I trying to debunk this?! Ow! My head. Aw
> hell, I need a drink."
>
> The "Impeach Obama" Facebook groups, for example. No, I'm not making
> that up. They're real and there's a constant variety of disgruntled
> far-right Republicans joining up every day. And, to our total lack
of
> surprise, they're not ashamed in the slightest to post comments like
> this one:
>
> "Damn dems stole the election like they always do. GOD wanted McCain
> and Palin in the White House. That's why it's called THE WHITE
HOUSE."

> Apart from being a racist, this "Impeach Obama" Facebook member is
> clearly the most awesome pollster in the world if he was able to
> sample God. I tried to submit a friend request just so I could ask
him
> if he perchance enlisted a room of undecided cherubim for a Frank
> Luntz dial group.
>
> Shortly after discovering this, I was talking with a colleague and
> found myself instinctively trying to form a rational argument about
> why the Facebook members were wrong. It began with the
obvious: "He's
> not even the president yet!" And then, after I segued into Article
II
> and the constitutional grounds for impeachment, I stopped myself.
What
> [...]
> staged!" and, "Obama is a bionic -- just like his half-aunt! I have
> proof!"
>
> Then on Monday, Michelle Malkin posted an item in which she referred
> to the president-elect as the "overlord-elect." And on Tuesday,
> Congressman Paul Broun told the AP, "You have to remember that Adolf
> Hitler was elected in a democratic Germany. I'm not comparing him to
> Adolf Hitler. What I'm saying is there is the potential." Uh-huh. On
> the scale of probability, "Obama is a fascist dictator" is about as
> likely as "Broun is a Jedi Master." But it doesn't matter. Reality
is
> irrelevant.
>
> The obvious intention here is to cobble together an abuse of power
> meme against President-elect Obama, despite President Bush and Vice
> President Cheney having, you know, spent the last eight years
> consolidating executive power, authorizing torture, suspending
habeas
> corpus, illegally invading sovereign nations, ignoring congressional
> subpoenas and eavesdropping on American citizens.
>
> Whoops. There I go again, talking about facts and treating the crazy
> like it's real.
>
> But clearly the most egregious post-election trespass came to us
from
> John Hinderaker of Powerline. Some back story: following the
> president-elect's lighthearted Nancy Reagan séance remark, Michelle
> Malkin referred to Obama as a "classless jerk" (unlike President
> George W. "Those Weapons Have to Be Around Here Somewhere" Bush, of
> course). And she treated the séance comment as if it were part of an
> on-going pattern of ridiculous Obama gaffes and bloopers.
>
> Picking up on Malkin's lead, Hinderaker wrote this week:
>
> Bush never gets sloppy when he is speaking publicly. He chooses his
> words with care and precision, which is why his style sometimes
seems
> halting. In the eight years he has been President, it is remarkable
> how few gaffes or verbal blunders he has committed. If Obama doesn't
> raise his standards, he will exceed Bush's total before he is
inaugurated.

> No, seriously. I didn't make that up. A popular member of the
> far-right intertubes actually wrote that. On a public website. That
> people go to and read. Every day.
>
> Come on now. Fess up, Hinderaker, you can't seriously believe all
> that. I mean, I didn't think it was possible, but you succeeded in
> making Malkin's "classless jerk" remarks appear respectable -- even
> reasonable -- by comparison. Fact: not only is the president-elect
one
> of the finest orators in modern political history, but he far
exceeds
> President Bush in terms of intellectualism and verbal discipline. In
> other words, a Bush gaffe reveals an inherent lack of intellectual
> curiosity and a general ineptitude when it comes to, well, talking.
An
> Obama gaffe is an isolated incident, exclusive of his ability to
> speak, think and reason. Nothing more.
>
> I can't believe I even have to write that down. But that's precisely
> what makes these arguments so violent. They literally crush logical
> reality, making it almost impossible to ignore.
>
> In a perfect world, we probably shouldn't react or to take these
> things too seriously, and yet we'd be making a huge mistake to
ignore
> them altogether -- or to underestimate their efficacy. After all,
> there's Drudge who somehow remains a bridge between the far-right's
> intellectual violence and the establishment press. As we've learned
> throughout the last ten years, it only takes some persistent
badgering
> and a series of red "SHOCK!" headlines for the crazy to travel by
> osmosis into the mainstream.
>
> So we're in for many more years of insanity from the far-right.
> They're not dead. They're not as irrelevant as they deserve to be.
And