--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal"
> <L.Shaddai@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Post partum often a woman is not thinking really well.
> > There's even postpartum psychosis involved.
>
> *******
>
> Yes, that's true. But I think for a significant number of
> women, the baby is just a burden who they can't or don't
> want to deal with, and thus the trash can

I suspect tossing a live child in a trash can
or dumpster indicates serious psychological
disturbance, postpartum or otherwise, in either
sex.

Such an act seems more likely to be due to
postpartum psychosis than postpartum depression
(they're considered two different conditions),
but the former is quite rare (estimated at 1-4
per 1,000 births), whereas the latter is
relatively common (13 per 100). Only in really
extreme cases of postpartum depression will a
mother actually harm the child (she may be more
likely to harm herself).