--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 8:13 AM, authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> > I'm sure Texans took the Supremes' reprimand to heart
> > and cleansed themselves of their homophobia, becoming
> > as accepting as Californians of gay rights by the
> > time they were called on to vote in the referendum,
> > and were entirely sincere in saying they were voting
> > to "preserver" [sic} gender roles.
>
> Texas is a diverse place.  There's been a lot of
> Californication, especially in major cities like Austin,
> DFW and Houston. There aren't many towns left in Texas
> where The Beverly Hillbillies are shown on the local
> public broadcast channel.   I would imagine however that
> most of the people voted against gays and not to
> preserve gender roles.

That's what I'd imagine as well. But I find the
thesis that the same may not have been true of
most or at least many Californians pretty
convincing.

Thanks for the rundown. I love this:

> It's the same rule which makes Baptists
> not see each other in liquor stores

Why do you think the folks who called the cops on
Lawrence and his friend were led to violate the
rule?

<snip>
> The plot in Texas thickens.  There's a guy/guy movement
> that calls itself g0ys which opposes gay marriage and
> wants Lawrence v Texas reversed.

By the Supremes?? Good luck with that.

What's a "guy/guy movement"?