inthislifetime300 wrote:

>I am wondering what you would suggest as an alternative...how would
>one get a mantra more suitable to their physiology and nervous system
>if their TM mantra is fiery.  I am serious, as I can barely meditate
>anymore.
>
>Thanks Vaj

Use a shiva mantra.   I also have used "Om Rama Krishna  Hari" which is
recommended in Dr. Ranade's (sp?) ayurvedic book for calming pitta with
good success.   Also be sure you don't have a vata aggravation too.
Both pitta and vata can get aggravated in summer.  Excess pitta will dry
the system out making it more vata.  If you feel burned out stop
meditation for a while and let the body cool down.  The world won't end. ;-)

BTW, where did this thread come from?  One of the problems with
YahooGroups is it reads the header and if someone thinks they are
starting a new thread by replying to one but changing the subject it
won't work that way.  It just continues with the old thread.  Not all
email list software works this way.

- Bhairitu