> They've got a series of photos of the coronation of King Jigme
> Wangchuck of Bhutan, the hunky guy with the Raven Crown whose photo
> Nabby posted last week. There's one taken from close up that shows
> the crown in detail. Also more pictures of Buddhists in all kinds of
> funny hats, Nabby, if you're interested! Plus gorgeous costumes,
> masks, beautiful people and kids, and one shot of a couple of
> gigantic, spectacular outdoor thangkas, must be about 50 feet square.

"Wangchuck" great name for a hot hunky guy dressed to the nines.  After
I moved to Fairfield from the Amherst course in 79, I  just had to have
a thangka I saw at Crest Jewel. It's beautifully framed and I still have
it. I took a good look at it this morning and decided to google
"thangka."  The style I have seems to be a combination of Kachakra
Mandala Thangka, http://tinyurl.com/6h8nkb <http://tinyurl.com/6h8nkb>
and this http://tinyurl.com/6pz2g8 <http://tinyurl.com/6pz2g8>   The
periphery of the circle is detailed with tiny dismembered bodies, arms,
legs, heads, entrails and bones, resting on the floor of a cave-like
tomb with attendant jackals and shamans.  The corners have heavenly
Buddhas surrounded by and sitting on floating clouds.  It has a fearsome
beauty, laughing in life and at death, embracing the ephemeral nature of
it all.

My favorite picture of Obama was this one

[http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/obama_\
11_05/obama13_16793869.jpg]

It reminded me of this one

  [http://delontin1.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/kilroy_28_173.jpg]