--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Let Detroit Go Bankrupt
> >
> So, I guess Michael Moore is totally discreditied
> now. Moore opposed GM efforts at reorganization in
> Michigan. Moore was opposed to downsizing in order
> to stay competive in world markets. So Moore made
> a documentary about the 30,000 people that lost
> their jobs in Flint. I guess the joke is on Michael
> Moore now - maybe he will make a new movie about the
> 'depression' of 2009 - what an idiot. And to think
> some people actually paid money to go see 'Roger
> and Me'.

Now I see why willy thinks Palin is a genius.

GM has repeatedly downsized (labor not management) since Moore's movie
and yet GM still faces bankruptcy.  So how exactly was downsizing the
answer?

GM is not causing the depression of 2009, your hero Bush is.  The
current credit crisis which the Bush Admin has still failed to address
is the immediate cause of GM's problems - the longer term cause is
GM's management who are idiots -- who just 2 yrs ago were saying
customers don't care of the price of gas and yet are paid 4-5 times
more than their toyota counterparts.

I could care less about Moore's economic opinions but willy's
paragraph is nonsensical. If anything there's something to Moore's
basic argument that the destruction of the middle class in the US
under republican ideology is a prime cause of economic problems.

Willy got absolutely everything he could have asked for under Bush and
yet he's trying to blame the resulting recession on michael moore?