Affidavit

[This affidavit was used as part of a one lawsuit by the followers of
the controversial group leader Robin Carlson in their attempt to gain
reentry to MIU and for Civil Rights claims against MIU. ]
Affidavit: Michael Grove, Mark Frost and Michael Herkel v . Maharishi
Mahesh Yogi, Maharishi International University, World Plan Executive
Council United States, Capital of the Age of Enlightenment, Gregory
Thatcher, Gregg Wilson and Bevan Morris.

I, T. Gemma Cowhig, being sworn upon my oath depose and state;

1. I have been practicing the Transcendental Meditation Program for
16 years. I have been an initiator of the Transcendental Meditation
Program since 1971 and worked as a full time employee of the
defendant World Plan Executive Council from 1971-1973. I am still an
initiator and since 1977 have been a Governor of the TM Program, also
a position within the defendant World Plan Executive Council centers
in Toronto, Ontario and London, Ontario.

2 . My brother John Cowhig has been defendant Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's
secretary since 1974. On many occasions, including visits with our
parents, on my six month course, and recently when I was in
Switzerland, he has stated to me that Maharishi is concerned about
his security because he believes that the American CIA has
infiltrated his organization and is constantly working to undermine
his image. My brother has stated, and it is well know within the TM
Movement, that Maharishi often states that the CIA is a threat to his
security and that Maharishi hates the CIA and feels that it is out to
get him. Last summer, in Switzerland, my brother said to me that
Maharishi has stated that I was also involved with the CIA.

3. In late 1979 my brother John Cowhig said to me in a phone call
from Thailand that Maharishi had a message for Robin. The message was
for Robin to be careful that the CIA would begin to surround him and
begin to puff him up for their own purposes.

4. After the Jim Jones Guyana Massacre my brother told me that
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi claimed that the CIA was responsible for an
article in the newspaper linking the TM Movement to that of Jim Jones.

5. It is well known within the TM Movement that Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
has accused many former teachers of the Transcendental Meditation
Movement and employees of World Plan Executive Council such as
Charley Donahue and Billie Clayton, of being agents of the CIA who
were out to get him.

Sworn and Notarized on, January 30, 1984, by T. Gemma Cowhig~