John wrote:
> Obama has picked people who know what's going on
> and know how to do their jobs. He's also made it
> clear the it is -he- Barack Obama who's calling
> the shots, not the other way around.

According to Harry Reid, congress is calling the
shots now - they hold the purse strings to the
economy and the war on terror. If congress doesn't
want to fund the war in Afghanistan, then we will
be forced to pull out our forces and let the Taliban
win the war. If that happens, it remains to be seen
if Obama's picks can bailout the U.S. economy - who
wants to invest in a country that just lost the
global war? And who would want to buy a car from a
bankrupt car company?

"The Citigroup rescue came after a weekend of
marathon discussions led by Treasury Secretary
Henry Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. Timothy
Geithner, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of
New York, who is being tapped by President-elect
Barack Obama as his Treasury chief also participated.
Bush said Monday he consulted with Obama on the
Citigroup rescue."

Read more:

'Government plans massive Citigroup rescue effort'
By Jeannine Aversa
Associated Press, Monday November 24, 2008
http://tinyurl.com/6lmxwa