--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <lengli...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> > > That last phrase

> > > yeah, similar to this new major meditation research center, there
> > > are these blind guys i know, trying to determine the shape of an
> > > elephant.
> > >

> > Do you and Lawson know anything about this new funding for a research
> > center?  Or are you making assumptions based on what Vaj said?
> >
> > Dawn, on what do you base your assertion that 20 years of meditating
> > experience is more or less required to draw conclusions on TM's
> > effects? How many years have you been meditating?
> >
> > Lawson, I do not believe that there is TM research on their concept of
> > unstressing.  Are you aware of any?
> >

> Nope. But there's myriad articles on relaxation-induced anxiety,
whigh fits
> the TM theory to a t...
>

> Lawson

I know about relaxation induced anxiety.  Tell me why you think it
fits TM theory?  I think it is the other way around, sometimes for
some people when they meditate they become anxious or experience
autogenic discharges, especially if they have mental health issues.
For example, my feeling is that many cancer patients do better
learning progressive relaxation meditation.  Meditation can lead to
anxious thoughts where progressive relaxation has structured thoughts.