--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
<no_re...@...> wrote:

> a master of anything, be it painting pictures, customizing cars or
> doing TM takes at least 20 years. the thing that is so
> unprofessional to see by those with waking state funny names is that
> they haven't practiced TM for anything like 20 years. i have.

OMG that is SUCH a coincidence that the exact amount necessary happens
to be what you have practiced it for!

I'm gunna give you the credit for seeing through the obvious problems
in such a statement and assume that you are dying to have someone
challenge and discuss it.  So I'll bite.

> this reduces their remarks to nothing more than uninformed opinion
> and bias.

OUCH!  Even guys who (theoretically of course) spent 4 out of their
15 meditating years rounding on some of Maharishi's most intense
courses? (pre-Purusha sidhaland just for a random example)

Even a guy like that would have an uninformed opinion?

Didn't TTC with all those pujas do anything for us?  And can't we (I
mean some random theoretical person) also factor in how many people
they taught?  Maharishi sure did.  And what about face time with the
holy roller himself, can't we at least get some cosmic extra credit
for that? This seemed to be a big deal for Maharishi as he tells his
story, I mean the guy didn't even really meditate much at all for all
we know.  He was attuning his mind like we were with all those all
nighters chasing his latest schemes or making Vedic "whatever" charts
while fulfilling his DESIRES?  That counts too right?

And how about Ayur Veda?  What if you had herbs pumped into
your..uh..well..uh...mmm...you know...they hit ya where the good Lord
split ya?  That had better count because that was soooooo gay.  What
if you had the corpulent Triguna test your pulse and sell you a bunch
of nasty powders to balance your doshas?  I'm gunna be pissed if
swallowing what tasted like the ground up cast off shoes from the
Delhi Tigers Cricket team didn't get me anywhere.  Really pissed!

I guess there must be something very very interesting about those last
5 years, care to elaborate?  Did you factor in rounding? (not that I
have a personal stake in that)?

If I was to make some kind of criteria for giving the Maharishi deal a
chance it would be more along the lines of having experiences of the
states of mind he talked about.  I mean for all we know it is only the
short bus kids who require 20 years. (nothing personal)  The rest of
us (I mean theoretical people) might have only needed 5 years of
practice to basically verify Maharishi's predictions about how
meditation changes you enough to vote yea or nay. (or is that "neigh"
or is that what horses do? Damn editor Judy has posted out this week.)

I'll bet none of this is a real surprise to you, but what say ye?