Inotherwords, science and religion are the same thing.

It helps is you have a misunderstanding of and contempt for the the
methods of science.  Maharishi's belief system is basically
unfalsifiable assertions on parade claiming to be science.  (I was
going to put some lipstick on a pig but it wouldn't hold still after
the unfortunate "mascara incident.")

It also helps if you have a condescending view of religion (and I
should know) which holds your Vedic system to be the root, and all
religions to be the more limited branches of the tree.  This view
gives you permission to tell people what they need to hear for their
own good so they can do TM and revive the root of their own tradition
through the magical connection with being supplied by TM (Trademark
protected.)

David's attempt to make the case for TM (even just the practice) not
being a belief system seems bogus to me.  There are so many beliefs
that you have to buy into to support the practice of TM and their
source is all the same: Maharishi said so.  What happens for long term
practicers IMO is that they forget how many beliefs have to be in
place to make it all work because they have become unconscious
presuppositions which are beyond challenge.  Our past discussion about
the complex stress release "normalizing the nervous system" belief
package is a case in point.

http://www.svabhinava.org/HinduCivilization/MeeraNanda/ScienceHinduNationalism.htm