--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <premanandp...@...>
wrote:

> Homophobia... isn't that the fear of getting caught using your
> imagination in a way that could get you branded odd?

I'd say that's a common reason. Also, studies have shown that
gay-bashing homophobes are often found to be latent homosexuals
themselves. They overcompensate and attempt to hide it by attacking
gays because they're terrified of their own feelings and being exposed.

Prominent gay-bashers are sometimes found in 'difficult to explain'
circumstances. Here are a few names that come to mind:

Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Larry Craig - and here's a good one:

Troy King, Alabama's Attorney General as well as the chairman of John
McCain's Alabama Leadership Team was reportedly caught by his wife in
their bed with — naturally — another man:

    King, a conservative Republican Christian who has called
homosexuality the 'downfall of society,' has been caught with his
pants down — literally — in a gay sex scandal. King was reportedly
nabbed having sex with a male assistant by his wife, Paige King, in
the couple's own bed.

http://tinyurl.com/6jsmv8