Peter wrote:
> I'm trying to download itunes on my computer for the iphone I got from Santa.
> The installation is almost complete when this window pops-up:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quicktime
>
> It says that it could not open this key. What to do? Thanks.
It sounds like the installer tries to create the entry and can't which
may mean that it doesn't have permissions to do so.  What level are you
installing this from?  There are often questions before the install
begins such as:  "install just for me" or "install for everyone."   If
you tried "just for me" try "everyone" or vice-versa.  What version of
Windows are you using?  XP or Vista?