On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:35 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:
-snip-

Don't try to hide your intellectual dishonesty and obfuscation
behind
ad hominems Dawn.

wtf? the thing you fail to realize about TM is that not all of us
practicing the technique, and gaining enlightenment from it, are
speaking and thinking in lockstep. there is no such requirement in
order to do the technique properly, and gain the world from its
practice.

in fact i don't personally know -any- TMers who think and speak in
terms of the ideas you laid out earlier. All of us have taken the
teaching to heart and just go about our lives using the technique
successfully. sorry- lol

when i say that i equate enlightenment with being in tune with
nature, that is my experience and that is what i mean. there is
nothing dishonest about that. i just don't think in terms
of "Natural Law" or dharma, or the laws of manu. maybe you know some
TMers who do, but i am not one of them.

Well, unfortunately, that's apparently what the Hindu tradition feels it means and whether or not you realize that is what you attempting to parrot from TM dogma, it clearly is. People have been parroting that dogma for years my dear. It's always "their experience". Usually when you inquire further the answer becomes "well, it's very subtle" or some similarly parsed schlock.

as to my comment about your evasiveness, it is because you are
avoiding answering my earlier question. i'll try again:

as to the supreme satisfaction derived from a continuous state of
samadhi, and therefore no need to preach, or shout it from the
rooftops, what do you say about that?

I don't buy it. If the TMO had one person in such a state, they'd be marketing the hell out of it to sell more product. Actually, they already HAVE tried it! So there's no reason, based on their past performance, they wouldn't try the same thing over again. If in fact such a person existed who could, say, go into samadhi for just 3 hours like has now been replicated in other yogis, it'd be such a media sensation people WOULD want to hear about it.

It's always good to have real evidence to back up your claims.