--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > because of the reliability, effectiveness and mechanical nature
of the
> > technique. like if you gave a million people a nail and a hammer
and
> > showed them how to hammer the nail into the wall. some would hit
their
> > thumbs, others would give up, but a good percentage would
suceed.

> No, it doesn't work that way. You are assuming a conclusion that
> simply can't be assumed.   We have no idea as to whether TM
> successfully produces enlightenment or "unity consciousness."  The
TMO
> does not say that out of X number of meditators, Y have reached
GC, or
> UC.
>
> Plus, even more importantly, we don't even know if higher states of
> consciousness are in fact higher or important or just different.
>
> After all these years we know next to nothing. The 60s, the 70s,
the
> 80s, the 90s, and soon the 00's will pass.  Meditators get old,
> meditators die, still thinking that they are hammering a nail when
> there is no indication that they have either a hammer or nail.

all i am left with is suggesting you try TM for awhile, and draw
your own conclusions.

you say "we know nothing", but all you are talking about is
yourself. you say "we don't even know if higher states of
consciousness are in fact higher or important or just different",
and again you are just speaking about yourself.

the so called conventional wisdom is often just conventional, and
not wisdom at all. go out on a limb, you might enjoy the view.