Having been in Corporate Sales in Manhattan, I had friends both in Advertising
and
Pharmaceutical Sales.  Sales is about making money - from idea to finished
product, it's about money.  The buyer, should be about 'awareness'.  Awareness,
hopefully,
creates responsibility in a drugged out world!  An endless loop of one hand
serving
the other with an illusive caveat for taking the high road. Corporations sell
needs that
may or may not be there - it comes down to the buyer and how that buyer uses the
product.  'Fast food brains' are their own worst karma.
Arhata

            Requiring natural remedies to produce verifiable research is a bogus

excuse to demonize their use. The politics of allelopathic medicine

and the globalization Big Pharma push pills for profit and

"alternative medicine" cuts into their bottom line.  Since herbs and

homeopathy, rely on history, case studies, subjective reports and

trial and error to prove effectiveness, they are an easy target for

Big Pharma, to cry, "snake oil." Anything that empowers people to

treat their own ailments means a smaller piece of pie for the big guys.

Drug researchers can produce quantifiable results but they can also

cheat by ignoring test results they don't like. "Figures can lie and

liars can figure." A drug company often pays for its own research,

which amounts to the fox guarding the chickens. They push newer,

"better" drugs to market as quickly as possible with all their

attendant side effects and 5 years later the drug proves dangerous.

It's a risk they are willing to take, squeezing every dime they can

out of a market until it becomes obvious a drug is killing more people

than it saves. It hypocritical to say that drug research, motivated by

profit, is superior to any standard measuring the effectiveness of

herbs that DON'T kill people and drugs that DO.

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, TurquoiseB <no_re...@.. .> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Vaj <vajradhatu@ > wrote:

> > > Let's not forget the last study putsch: the TM is good for your

> heart

> > > marketing campaign. Luckily the BBC caught them on that one, as

did

> > > some physicians reviews. But it makes me wonder: should someone be

> > > pointing all this out to the NIH? Should the NIH sue for fraud and

> > > deception? I mean, these are our tax dollars they are, quite

> > > actually, stealing.

> > > If you look at it, it's pretty clear what they're trying to do:

cash