i want to make a point here about enlightenment-- "vaj" argues below
that he can both follow the dogma, and be -partially- enlightened.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. unlike what his teachers have taught him (read
$$$ and power for THEM), the experience of enlightenment is one of
total freedom and complete independence. there is no need in such a
state to refer back to where we are trying to go.

another servant to my point here is Barry who frequently mentions he
was enlightened once, for a short time. this impermanent witnessing
experience has nothing to do with enlightenment either.

"vaj" argues the point that someone who has reached the destination
needs to continue to look at the map. speaking of absolutes, this is
absolute garbage.:)

while enlightenment is not a static state, there is no relationship
between religious dogma and enlightenment. dogma is useful for
pointing us in the right direction, but is then naturally discarded
once the goal is reached.

many seekers like Barry and "vaj" hold on to dogma because it is a
convenient way of not letting go completely of their ego. fine-- no
problem, but they shouldn't try to justify it in all sorts of
bizarre ways. enlightenment is straightforward. no caveats. you are
or you aren't, no dogma and no excuses.