-Your definition of "dogma" may be overly broad.  It's not the
content, but the character of binding duality.  Thus, to assess
another person as you are doing is rather presumptuous; since you
have expressed various political viewpoints.
 By your same approach, your political viewpoints can just as easily
be construed as dogma.
 To be really consistent, you would have to come to the absurd
conclusion that Ramana Maharshi has not Enlightened since he
continued to be a devotee of Arunachala Shiva.

-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
<no_re...@...> wrote:

> one more point, to bring some balance vis a vis Buddhists and TMO,
> Barry and "vaj" are a lot more like Bevan and John Hagelin that it
> may appear. Although Barry and "vaj" see their allegiance to "His
> Holiness" the Dalai Lama and Bevan and John see their allegiance to
> the Maharishi, all four of them are operating in much the same
> manner.
>
> if SSRS is asking us to loot the store, all four of these guys are
> living in the halfway house. all are trying to both be dogmatic and
> at the same time gain enlightenment. there is absolutely no
> difference between trying to hold onto the ego in Buddhism and
> within the TMO. NO difference.
>
> sure, as with Buddhist practice, you may think that if you do good
> stuff for others, then you are becoming enlightened. same as living
> in a vastu house in the TMO. the initial AHA with both practices is
> useful in broadening the mind. but as Bevan, John, Barry and "vaj"
> so openly demonstrate, an addiction to dogma will never result in
> enlightenment. all you end up with is mood making.
>
> it is clear to anyone on this board that both Barry and "vaj" can
be
> really nasty guys. and both too espouse compassion. this is
> identical to Bevan and John, who on the one hand espouse a Vedic
> lifestyle, while humping married women on the side. no difference.
>
> there is no way to fake the goal of a spiritual tradition by
> continuing to follow dogma. all four of these seekers are ego
> tripping, and all four are never going to gain enlightenment using
> that approach.
>
> sorry to pick on you guys, Barry and "vaj"-- its just that you are
> perfect servants for the point i am making.:)
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > i want to make a point here about enlightenment-- "vaj" argues
> below
> > that he can both follow the dogma, and be -partially-
enlightened.