--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

I'm glad you took the time to re-post, that was an interesting angle.
  It was also very funny when you anticipated the moment my eyes were
glazing over following terms that have lost their meaning for me.  But
I can remember how I used to think of them well enough to follow your
point. Perhaps someone more conversant with the terms these days will
take a crack at your inquiry.

For me I can't get past the assumption that the silence we feel in
meditation is more than what it appears to be, the mind being
attentive to being more silent.  I know that at one point in the 6
month courses Maharishis basically said we were all witnessing our
meditations so that explained why we don't all sit in deep samadhi no
mantra not thoughts for long periods of time in meditation.  And
experientially that does match my meditation experience in that if you
keep it up you have a lot of silence along with thoughts and it can
sort of dominate your attention.

But I'm not ready to make any assumptions about its benefits.  It just
might be a thing our mind can do that is pleasurable and means
absolutely nothing.  I guess for people who are really impulsive or
all wired up all the time or never feel centered it might be a help,
but I can't relate to those problems.

And the metaphysical claims that this state is an experience of the
ground of all being or the Graceland where the gods hang out like the
Memphis Mafia and all of us get to be our own Elvis and if we want a
peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich deep fried at two in the
morning to take some of the edge off our last dose of
Dexedrine...nature will serve it up in white panties and bra (his
favorite groupie costume) because we are sooooo powerful with nature
that we get what we want (if it coincidentally coincides with what
nature wants)...I'm not buying that.  I think we are a long way off
from knowing what any of these experiences mean.

So I'm no help in your quest for knowledge in this area.  Big surprise
huh?

I'm just wondering if people in the movement believe that prayers to
Maharishi reach him in the celestial relative with the gods, and if
so, is there any way to stop them from delivering any more deep fried
peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwiches to Bevan cuz that dude is
heading the way of The King fast and I'm just waiting for the news
that he ascended to heaven while on sitting on his porcelain throne.