--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii...@...> wrote:

> I know what your going to say...Buddha...
> But what did Buddha do, besides sitting around, detatching from the
> World?
> What did any of the Enlightened Ones do, to save us from ourselves?
> R.G.>

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii...@...> wrote:

> I know what your going to say...Buddha...
> But what did Buddha do, besides sitting around, detatching from the
> World?
> What did any of the Enlightened Ones do, to save us from ourselves?
> R.G.>

You must first precisely state your definition of `enlightenment' in
one or two sentences to ask this question.

Can you describe what you mean by the word?
Can you describe your understanding of the usefulness (or not) of
such a state (in your definition of the word `enlightenment) to the
individual or the world?

Seriously, I would like to hear each person's definition in one or
two sentences please.

(we already know Vaj is going to inscrutably say "  "
And Sal is going to say "A good BLT sandwich"

...but what is the definition from the rest of you?

OffWorld