--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > To say that the word `puja' means `worship' is like
> > > saying:
> >
> > > "Avatar" means "a person's cartoon version on the
> > > internet.
> >
> > On behalf of my avatar, I'd like to express my feelings of dismay.
> >

> > Saijanai Kuhn
> >

> Too funny Lawson!  :)

Actually, people are starting to make a professional rep via their Second LIfe
avatars. Zero LInden, for instance, is better known as Zero Linden, than his
real life
name, even though he's been a programmer longer than I have, and done some
significant projects under that persona.

Glitteratica Cookie got mention on the Daily Show because of her avatar's name,
not her job description, even though it was serious enough that she was invited
to testify in a Congressional hearing about virtual worlds.

Etc.

Lawson