Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: TM puja is religious, as are other elements of TM
practice
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 12:36 AM

As far as I can tell, the bottom line of this
"Is TM a religion" argument is that people are
just continuing to think WHAT THEY WERE
TOLD TO THINK.

If Maharishi had followed some of his early
followers' advice and set up the teaching of
TM as a religion, THESE SAME PEOPLE would be
appearing as witnesses in the Scientology- like
court cases that would have been brought to
prove that the teaching of TM was *not* a
religion.

And THESE SAME PEOPLE would be swearing under
oath that it WAS a religion.

Why don't we stop these silly debates and just
call *both* Scientology and the TMO what they
are -- businesses?