In Finnish we say "Aika kultaa muistot." (Time guilds memories.)[1]
Just checked that out, the corresponding English expression
seems to be "Memories grow sweeter with time."

My memories seem to grow more bitter and depressing.
Almost everything I can recall from my past life
during this incarnation (provided reincarnation is true...) seems to
have some kind of negative emotional connotation.

I don't claim to be a vivekii or yogii by any standard, but
perhaps that negativity is a part of what PataƱjali
means when he says:

...duHkham eva sarvaM vivekinaH (everything is duHkha[2] for
a vivekii[3]).

1. ~ eye-kah gool-taah muy-stott

2. duHkha adj: uneasy, unpleasant; noun: uneasiness, pain, sorrow

3. vivekin [nominative singular: vivekii -- card] mfn. discriminating
, distinguishing Ra1jat. ; separated , kept asunder (in %{a-viv-})
Kuval. ; examining , investigating Cat. ; discriminative , judicious ,
prudent , discreet , wise