--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> To All:
>
> In this book, we find a story of a race of monkeys who helped
> Rama defeat Ravana and his ilk.  Since this story is supposedly
> millions of years old, is it possible that these monkies were
> the Neanderthals that existed eons of years ago?
>
> Or, from the level of symbolism, do these monkies actually
> represent certain humans who have not learned to develop their
> consciousness, or those who have not reached the true human
> potential?

enlightened_dawn should pay attention to this.

According to John, this million-year-old book
portrays monkeys as willing partners in genocide.
They fought alongside Rama for eighteen months,
until every member of the clan they decided had
to be wiped from the face of the planet was dead.
Some commentaries on the Ramayana say that this
clan numbered over 100,000 people (the entire
population of modern-day Sri Lanka), before
Rama decided in his Infinite Wisdom that they
needed to be exterminated.

I understand that you've been saying that in your
view monkeys are warm and fuzzy and cuddly, and
thus that's what you have in mind when you call
people on this forum monkeys. But now you know
the Truth, as revealed by this Holy Million-Year-
Old Book. And as John has told us many, many times,
this work is part of the Vedic Literature that is
synonymous with Eternal Truth. Thus, according to
this book of Eternal Truth, modern-day monkeys
are most likely descended from their counterparts
in the Ramayana, who were practitioners of genocide.

Maybe you'd do better by calling the people who
don't accept what *you* are saying as Eternal Truth
"koala bears" instead. They're warm and fuzzy and
cuddly, too, and they don't have a history of
genocide.

:-)