> I recently posted a rap about Lucid Dreaming. It is
> pasted in at the bottom of this post. What I'm inter-
> ested in is whether anyone on FFL has had experiences
> of this sort, and wants to rap about them. No "experts,"
> no dogma, just rappin'...trying to figure things out.

I have long been able to be conscious of my dreams as dreams and control
their outcome.  When I was a child, like many, I had terrible
nightmares.  My mother said think about looking for signs for knowing
something is a dream.  That suggestion was an effective way of teaching
me to lucid dream.  Also, we did a lot of dream talk at home which
encouraged the remembering of dreams.  Reviewing your dreams after they
occur help you remember them plus helps you get some measure of control.
When thinking about this thread I went to the wikipedia entry on lucid
dreaming.  The article gives some suggestions on how to lucid dream.
What I thought was interesting was the section where it talks about
going to sleep while maintaining some awareness, which will then allow
you to lucid dream.  The description which I quote below sounds like
something a meditator would describe:

During the actual transition into the dream state, one is likely to
experience sleep paralysis, including rapid vibrations,[15] a sequence
of loud sounds and a feeling of twirling into another state of body
awareness, "to drift off into another dimension", or the feeling like
passing the interface between water into air face-front body first, or
images or sceneries they are thinking of and trying to visualize
gradually sharpen and become "real", which they can actually "see",
instead of the fuzzy indefinable sensations one feels when trying to
imagine something when wide awake.