--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have always wondered what beauty is. Why are we attracted to
> > > something beautiful and less to something plain. What are the
> > > attribute of beauty and its inner essence? Why is one
> > >particular woman
> > > in Home Depot or Nordstroms attactive and another not so much.
> >
> > In jyotish, a person with a strong Venus influence would be
> > attractive and beautiful to the opposite sex. In Sanskrit,
> > Venus is translated to sukra or "semen". So, there you have
> > it, a very quick and easy way to understanding the question
> > in mind.
>
> Well, <cough>, the primary meaning of 'shukra' is 'bright',
> from 'shuc', 'to shine':
>
> zukra a. clear, bright, pure, white. -- m. fire or the god of fire,
> the planet Venus, a cert. cup of Soma ({ñgraha}), N. of sev. men. n.
> brightness, purity; water, Soma, juice i.g., semen virile.

I love it when you post the real definitions of
Sanskrit words that some believe are "unambiguous,"
Card. Especially when posted by someone who believes
that Sanskrit writings in the "Vedic literature" offer
him an unambiguous definition of life.

Given the above definitions, it occurs to my sick
mind that a good pickup line in the singles bars of
Brahmaloka might be, "Hey baby...wanna come back to
my palace and check out my zukra?"

The goddess being hit upon then has to decide whether
the god is inviting her to check out his "semen of
purity," his "semen of soma," his "semen of brightness,"
his "semen that looks like the planet Venus," or his
"semen of fire."

My bet is that unless the goddess has private parts
lined with asbestos, if she chooses the last definition,
the god in question is going to be going home and having
fun only with Rosie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpmFwAb73X8

She was standing at the load-in,
When the trucks rolled up.
She was sniffing all around,
Like a half grown female pup.
She wasn't hard to talk to,
Looked like she had nowhere to go.
So, I gave her a pass,
So she could get in and see the show.

Well, I sat her down right next to me,
And I got her a beer,
While I mixed that sound on the stage,
So the band could hear.
The more I watched her watch 'em play,
The less I thought of to say.
And when they walked off-stage
The drummer swept that girl away.

But, Rosie, you're all right, ((You wear my ring)).
When you hold me tight, ((Rosie, that's my thing)).
When you turn out the light, ((I' got to hand it to me)).
((Looks like it's me an' you again tonight)), Rosie.

Well, I guess I might have known from the start,
She'd come for a star.
Could-a told my imagination not to run too far.
Of all the times that I've been burned,
By now you'd think I'd-a learned,
That it's who you look like,
Not who you are.

Rosie, you're all right. ((You wear my ring.))
When you hold me tight, ((Rosie, that's my thing.))
When you turn out the light, ((I' got to hand it to me.))
((Looks like it's me an' you again tonight)), Rosie.
((Looks like it's me an' you again tonight.))
((Looks like it's me an' you again tonight, Rosie.))
Rosie. ((Rosie.))
Rosie. ((Rosie.))

- Rosie, by Jackson Browne