[mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
> Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 1:23 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: new books on Maharishi ???
>
> > i was talking with a friend about this just
> > today, and she reminded me that money management
> > is never the forte of these spiritual teachers,
> > from whatever perspective they teach, especially
> > when not affiliated with an established religion.
> > i am not making excuses, just saying it seems to
> > be a consistent practice in all spiritual orgs
> > that they can't seem to keep the money straight.
>
> Except that Maharishi did not need or use any
> money for himself.
>
> He didn't exactly live in a cave. Silk sheets,
> lavish suites (look at his house in Vlodrop),
> helicopters, cooks and servants, etc.

On the other hand, wealthy people tend to use
their money to enrich their private lives. MMY
didn't have much of a private life to enrich.
These "luxuries" were all in the context of his
work for the movement, not to support a lavish
lifestyle--he didn't have a lifestyle, only a
workstyle: no second homes, no expensive
vacations, none of the standard rich person's
leisure toys. Nor did he plan to retire and
just enjoy himself for the rest of his life.

Really apples and kiwi fruit, it seems to me.