--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
<no_re...@...> wrote:

> there are many ways of gaining enlightenment. first off, it is not
> an either/or proposition-- i see the process of gaining
> enlightenment initially like a lightbulb that flashes on, and then
> off, with no regular interval to its timing. an experience of
> enlightenment, then darkness for awile, then another flash, then
> darkness.
>
> eventually the light stays on, and perhaps someone feels confident
> enough to say, "hey everyone, i am enlightened!" and they begin the
> process of watching the lightbulb to see how far the light is
> shining out, and when it appears obscured, and what the public
> proclamation and challenge does to their ability to integrate the
> inner light into their outer life.
>
> and perhaps the light appears to go out again. a learning process
> which takes time; more integration in daily life. and after some
> more time, the lightbulb stays on, for good, under all
> circumstances, and then they have a choice to say, or not to say,
> "i am enlightened", depending on what they feel like doing; hold
> themselves up as an example of enlightenment, or quietly allowing
> the bulb to burn bright within.
>
> so to make the assumption that because someone proclaims their
> enlightenment, that they will suffer a downfall, and have to start
> again from the beginning, is a false assumption.
>
> we as human beings learn by doing, and testing and challenging, and
> if we are true to ourselves and our desire for gaining
> enlightenment, we will eventually be successful, regardless of what
> we may proclaim along the way.

You *do* like analogies, doncha ED?

So, just as a question, pursuing this light bulb
analogy, would someone who chose to comment on a
turn of phrase that was last used on that forum
six months before she arrived there be an extra-
ordinarily bright light, capable of seeing back
into the past, or more of a dim bulb?  :-)

Curious wannabe light bulbs want to know...

I mean, if the person really CAN see "back in
time," that's pretty cool, eh? On the other
hand, if the person is remembering the turn of
phrase from, say, another incarnation, and
remembers *that*, that would be pretty cool,
too. On the other hand, if the person merely
had adopted a new name to, say, hide actions
performed while using a previous name, under
which that person had announced their enlight-
enment, it kinda weakens the analogy above,
right? Or is it that the name change was the
thing that made such extraordinary psychic
seeing possible?

I'm just asking a theoretical question here, ED,
not making any kind of statement. The question
has more to do with the larger spiritual scene
than it does Fairfield Life. Think the old
song "The Name Game."

Brahmacharya Bal Mahesh -> Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
Sri Rajneesh -> Osho. Fred Lenz -> Atmananda ->
Rama. Franklin Jones -> Bubba Free John -> Da Free
John -> Da Love-Ananda -> Da Kalki-> Da Avabhasa
-> Avatar Adi Da Samraj. Tony Nader -> Maharaja
Adhiraj Raja Raam.

Doesn't this sound an awful lot like Laura Bran-
igan's song? "Tony, Tony Bo-Bony Bonana Fanna
Fo-Fony Fee-Fi-Mo Mony Tony?"

It also sounds to me, because so many supposedly
enlightened beings have done this "Name Game"
thing, that it's somehow essential to being per-
ceived by the public *AS* enlightened. So if our
dear Rick wanted to set up shop as an enlightened
being, would he need to change his "spiritual name"
to Rick, Rick Bo-Bick Bonana Fanna Fo-Fick Fee-Fi-
Mo Mick? Would that help his credibility and help
him ignore the horrible failings in his past that
Nabby has accused him of?

Again, I'm not making any kind of statement here.
I'm just curious as to why so many of the folks
who announce their enlightenment feel the need
to change their names from time to time. Is it
just an outward expression of the inner change
they experienced when they realized their enlight-
enment, or could it possibly have something to
do with not wanting to address past actions that
might be considered less than enlightened?

I really don't know the answer, and am just rappin'
here this morning because I find the subject inter-
esting to speculate about. You seem to be very sure
of the things you say here, as if you "knew" them
in some cosmic way, beyond mere opinion. So, if
you have any cosmic insights that could help me
make sense of this Name Game thing, I'd appreciate
it if you could pass them along.

Yours in enlightenment,

His Holiness Sri Barry, Barry Bo-Barry Bonana Fanna
Fo-Barry Fee-Fi-Mo Marry Barry Ananda

:-)