--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Sister_Aloysius"
<horror...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > what are they please?
>
> Shoki, TantricOne, C_Aragon, Uncle Tantra, and the
> current one, TurquoiseB (all but the last were on
> alt.meditation.transcendental, not FFL, although
> he signed some of his early posts here as TurquoiseB
> "Uncle Tantra" or "Unc").
>
> I'm pretty sure there was at least one more, but I
> can't bring it to mind. At one point, after he
> hadn't posted for awhile under whatever name he was
> using, he came back using a new name and pretended
> to be an entirely different person, different
> writing style, different personality, different
> gender. But he wasn't able to keep it up for very
> long; his Barry style crept in gradually until we all
> realized it was just Barry.

For the record, I should point out that the
information above covers a period of 16 years,
the same period of time that Sister Aloysius
has been stalking me.  :-)

The first name above was from my original ISP,
and not available when I changed ISPs. Three
of the rest are all different "screen names"
attached to the same email address as I remember,
so contrary to what Sister Aloysius claims there
was no attempt being made to hide my identity.
Using publishing pen names ("Uncle Tantra" and
"Unc") that were revealed in my first week here
on FFL hardly seems to fall into the category of
trying to hide my identity, especially when I
occasionally post links to writings under those
names. :-)

I will freely admit that C_Aragon was a temp
address used for spoofing purposes many years
ago. :-) That is the only one from which I
remember doing what she suggests above. If she
claims otherwise, I challenge her to provide
proof of it here. ( That should keep her busy
for a while. :-)

Compare and contrast to a couple of people here
who change their screen names and actual under-
lying email addresses and then introduce them-
selves with a hearty, "Hi, I'm new here..."

To her credit, Sister Aloysius seems to have
neither moved nor changed her ISP in many years,
so she's been fairly stable. Also, I think she
takes actual pride in having every word she's
ever written being available to the throngs of
imagined fans who want to search for them and
read them over and over the way she does. :-)

Fake screen names are a given here on FFL, for
the simple reason that so many people are trying
to keep their identities hidden from the TMO.
That they need to do so is supremely sad; that
they post anonymously is completely understand-
able, and without blame of any kind.

But *among ourselves*, as a group of people hang-
ing around a bar in cyberspace chatting, it seems
to me that something else is "going on" when some
of our members make an active attempt to pretend
to be someone else. Even Sister Aloysius has to
admit that I've never done that here on FFL. I
have too much respect for the other people on
the forum. Others' mileage may vary, obviously.

And, just to end on a light note, may I express
my appreciation for one of our new members' ID
and screen name -- ysoy10li. Being a Stooges
fan, I can appreciate that one.  :-)