--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, I am the eternal <l.shad...@...>
wrote:

> An entire Humboldt residence course tape (which later became a MERU
>>tape
> with Pacabel and the duck floating by) was devoted to this.  Unlike
many of
> the tapes, I don't recall this tape starting off with a question to
> Maharishi.
>
> Maharishi said that there had been a misinterpretation of Patanjali.  No
> need to learn each of the 8 limbs of yoga.  Master one.  And since
you're
> already on the easiest limb...

Yes, I remember him saying that, but, that's a little different than
the way you originally posted it, it reminds me of his saying about
the 4 legged chair where you grab one leg and the other 3 come along.

Did you know MMY also said in his Bhagavad Gita appendix on Yoga that
"with the continuous practice of all these limbs, or means,
simultaneously the state of Yoga grows simultaneously in all the eight
spheres of life,"  MMY Gita HB page 363.

The most interesting part is he used the term *means*, each step being
a technique in and of itself recommended by Maharishi Patanjali,
apparently.  Personally I think one must practice all 8 as MMY
suggested here.  Go figure..........