<curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

<snip>
> > There's one *huge* difference you're missing: I
> > don't attack or belittle Vaj for his spiritual
> > beliefs and practices or criticize his teachers.
>
> No your focus is more personal.  I don't understand
> why you think this is an improvement.

I didn't say it was an "improvement." It's what
I'm responding to; it's the provocation.
Attacking and belittling a person or group for
their personal beliefs and practices is
reprehensible, in my view, and deserving of
strong personal criticism.

YMMV.

> > I was going to ask you as well to acknowledge that
> > Barry quite deliberately misrepresented my post,
> > as I pointed out in my reply to him, but I see
> > you've decided not to risk your relationship with
> > him by correcting what he wrote and have instead
> > done a 180 on what you said in the post I'm
> > responding to.
>
> Asking me to do this is really missing the whole point
> of my original post isn't it?

If the point of your post is that you should
never annoy people by calling them out when
they lie, then I couldn't disagree with it
more strongly.

<snip>
> > I'm sorry to say none of this surprises me.
>
> That's just being mean.  It is unfriendly spin
> slipped into a good discussion.  Better put my
> blinders on again.

I don't believe any discussion in which one party
deliberately misrepresents the other can be
called a good one.

As I've said before, Curtis, you frequently
disappoint me. In the clutch, you have a distinct
tendency to punt.