--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, I am the eternal <L.Shaddai@>
> wrote:
> snip  Marijuana I have mixed feelings about. Face it,marijuana
> > >
> > > This is context dependent and depends on your experience practicing
> > > any activity while stoned.  Give a neewbie a joint and they will
> > > probably have some trouble with the math section of the SATs.  (unless
> > > that is their thing and they practice math stoned)  But in the context
> > > of a musical jam the increased connection between kinostetic and
> > > auditory channels can boost creativity, just turn on the radio to hear
> > > the results.  It can make your mind distracted by causing you to hyper
> > > focus on sensation. (bedroom boon!)  But in the context where this
> > > shift is valuable it can be an asset.
> > >

> > This is gratuitous.  I've heard this a million times.  It is the same
> > litany, pretty much word for word.   Practice makes perfect.  "I can
> > get stoned and act perfectly normal.  Nobody is the wiser."  I'm not
> > sure if I buy this or not.  I would like to see some studies that show
> > this is really the case and not just a stoner telling me it's the
> > case.
>
> In this case it is a non stoner telling you it is my experience of
> stoners.  We don't know what functions are enhanced or impaired by
> pot. But in my experience in the tech field with computer programmers,
> a blanket statement that it makes you stupid is wrong.  Many fields
> have a high number of high functioning users.  Equating use with abuse
> of any drug is an over generalization.
>
> I don't think your term "gratuitous" is context appropriate.
> Especially after I mentioned its value in the bedroom.  If you haven't
> experienced it you don't know what I am talking about.

It would take "I am the eternal" (christ, what a handle!) a while to get the
wet loin cloth off
to even get to the joint.

>  My observation is that judgement and behavior are impaired, no
> > matter what the experience level with the weed is.
>
> Like Jimi Hendrix's playing?  Like one out of three computer coders
> who have to work after 6?  Perhaps Bill Maher uses it to write rather
> than deliver his scripts.  But it has values in certain contexts for
> certain people.  All of our brains don't react the same way to any
> psychoactive drug.  This is where blanket use laws fail.

Yep. One of the most creative people I've worked with is a noted jazz composer
and
arranger (up for a Grammy this year) who smokes more pot than anyone I've ever
met.
Instead of dulling him out it seems to energize him and truly get his creative
juices
flowing. You (Mr. Eternal) can deny this, but thing is, this guy has the award
winning noted
career in his field to back him up that, for him anyway, pot works well.

Me? 35+ years ago I loved it, but like so many I did the two week program to
start TM.
Then, about the same time I was hanging w/Barry in LA in the late 70s I tried
it again a
few times. It didn't click for me. But I know plenty of folks who it do just
fine with it. And, I
know one or two who become null and void. So what?

Speaking of null and void, ever hang out with a bunch of long term parushas?