> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <shempmcgurk@>
> > > wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Please supply some quotes to this effect.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/a9svlp
> >
> > "Soros said the turbulence is actually more severe
> > than during the Great Depression, comparing the
> > current situation to the demise of the Soviet Union."
>
> You need a quote from Obama and at least one other
> person to make it "Obama and others."

No, Judy, the reference to Obama was to "doom and gloom"; it was
to "the others" that I was ascribing the claim to "this is going to
be worse than the Great Depression."

But Barky did say it was the worst since the Great Depression, which
is pretty close:

http://tinyurl.com/crz9b7

As for one "other" of note who said it is worse:  Paul Volcker:

http://tinyurl.com/ap3t45