--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <nelsonriddle2001@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > On Feb 28, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Hope. Change. Believe. Sacrifice.
> Coming
Sacrifice.

> > > Yeah, nobody here can possibly fathom the
> > > subtlety and brilliance behind your jokes, eternal.
> > >
> > > Sal
> > >
> >   A few people with some knowledge of history could put the remark
> > into context.
> >   It was quite a while back as it would be hard for anyone here to
> > imagine farming 40 acres with one mule or, seeing  the gift as a
> blessing.
> >   The present bailout seems somewhat more extravagant.
>
> "The present bailout" in contrast to that proposed (some dare even say
> promised) 1865 bailout, right?
>
> Well, I for one am sooo glad we didn't fall for that bailout back
> then. All those unemployed blacks -- most every black person in the
> south unemployed in 1865. The nerve of them. Obviously they goofed off
> in school and were lazy and deserved to be unemployed.  In america, we
> only reward hard work -- and clearly all those southern blacks in 1865
> had never done a decent days work in their lives.
>
> So I am 100% behind you Nelson. Why bail them out? I mean they came to
> America looking for the American dream, they goofed off for 200 years,
> and now they WANT US to bail them out? No sirree. We a aren't a gunna
> do it. It wouldn't be prudent. (Besides we only bail out our own kind
> so its a moot point).

  I seem to have gotten the point mixed up (again).
  Just meant some people could remember their history and, could place
or appreciate the earlier comment.
  I guess your recall is better than mine as I didn't know the issue
in such detail- thank you.
   The present bailout however looks like they will throw good money
after bad in bailing out institutions that should fail and, when it
fails anyway, the wealth will end taken from the taxpayers and end up
going into the same black hole.