you are only telling half the story-- yes, Bush was all about
unlimited deregulation, which allowed wall street investment banks to
finance the mortgage industry, which caused the housing bubble, which
has now popped.

however, if the people, including businesses, in the US had not
succumbed to the oceans of easy credit previously available, and in
effect become indebted more than at any other time in our history to
the banks, the economic health of the country would not be so
intrinsically tied to the health of the banks. whether we like it or
not, and no one does, if the banks go belly up, so do we. we have no
choice but to shore up the banks.

so Obama has to shore up the banks, and at the same time create
opportunities for economic growth in other ways.

perhaps in the future, US consumers and businesses will learn to live
within their means. so far they haven't.