Gang, Judy revealed that she had a brief talk with Jimmy Steward and it
got me to wondering just how much folks here have had similar
experiences.  I'd love to read about such.

Judy,

Okay, I'll toss an easy question back at you and flows from the below
organically, and I think I'll give this thread a different title to
encourage the others to read it.

Question:  What famous folks have you had some interaction with?

My answer:  Don Rickles put me down several times during his stand up
act in Las Vegas.  I rode in an elevator with Michael Jordan and chatted
with him for about one minute.  Maharishi, of course.  Donovan when he
came to Fairfield and we briefly made eye contact.  Keenan Wynn had me
stare at him for five minutes as he checked into Hotel Karina in Majorca
1972.  Tony Robbins as he slowly walked out of the theater ahead of me
in exiting line of folks at the Cirque de Soli's Beatles homage: "LOVE."
We didn't speak but I overheard his converstation with some guy trying
to get Tony to go for a deal, so I felt like I was in his life for about
ten minutes.

Of course, all the TMO "celebrities."  Doug Henning and I did a business
meeting for an hour and he showed me a few tricks.  Nice.

That's about it for me -- I don't get out much.

I'm sure that, you, Judy, have quite a long list, so maybe the question
asks too much from you, but maybe you can list a few more big names that
you've had some sort of interaction with that meant something to you.

Edg

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Judy,
> >
> > I'm touched that you responded fully.  Maybe we have
> > something going that we can continue here.
> >
> > I would assume that fairness requires that you get to
> > ask questions, too, instead of risking that this become
> > an "Edg grills Judy" event.
>
> Edg, I'm sorry, but I'm not the least bit interested in
> grilling you. If I ever do have a specific personal
> question about you that I'd like answered, I assure you
> I won't hesitate to ask it.
>
> > Your turn!  Talk about a melding of "truth or dare."
> > Heh, maybe my newbie questions are far more acceptable
> > now, eh?
>
> Not to me.
>
> > And, neat work history.  I'm envious of your insider-
> > shop-talk scenarios -- you must have heard tons of
> > stories about the goings on behind the curtains of
> > theatrical circles.
>
> You betcha.
>
> I was working in NYC theater--all off-Broadway except
> for the "Mame" stint--from 1964 to 1970; also in 1958
> as a volunteer for the NYSF when I was in high school,
> befoe the family moved to Boston; and for a bunch of
> Boston productions during my senior year there, mostly
> for pay.
>
> This period was when many of the folks who have since
> become  big stars of Broadway and Hollywood were just
> starting out. I was tempted to reel off a list of names
> of the people I worked with whom you'd recognize, but I
> restrained myself (except for Celeste Holm, because I
> wanted it to be clear I wasn't dressing Angela Lansbury,
> the original Broadway Mame).
>
> But now I'm tempted beyond endurance, so I'll mention
> just one: Dustin Hoffman asked me for a date when he was
> in a weird play called "Harry, Noon, and Night" at the
> American Place Theater in NYC, where I was doing
> wardrobe.

http://www.americanplacetheatre.org/stage/index.php?option=com_content&t\
ask=view&id=125&Itemid=28