--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> Shempster, glad I may be one of the first to respond here.  First, there are
> probably a lot of us who are never more than a hairs breath away from crying.
>  Second, just don't give up, even when you feel like it.  Put one step ahead
> of the other, and continue to go forward.  Sounds trite, I know, but if you
> keep plugging away, things fall into place one way or another.  Other than
> that, you can't push depression out the door.  You have to process it in some
> manner, and then sometimes it may just lift.  Kind of like when you have a
> persistent headache, and suddenly it goes away, and your not even aware that
> it has gone away until after the fact.
>
> Wishing you the best.
>
> lurk

I went to the doctor last week and he prescribed Xanax for me.  But I refuse to
even fill the prescription.  I've seen members of my own family get on this
sorts of drugs and it fucks them up for a lifetime.

A friend's mother recommended something called Valerian Root.  I picked up a
bottle of Valerian Root Extract pills (60 pills per bottle, 50 mg each) for the
ridiculously low price of $5.00 at Sprout's and I must say it is a Godsend.
I've taken it about 4 days now -- a few hours before going to sleep -- and it
has really helped me sleep.  As it is I am still only able to sleep about 4
hours a night.

But at least I lie in bed -- albeit awake -- and I'm sure I'm getting at least
some rest that way, for the rest of the time.

But my despondency is big.  And I have no one to blame but myself for the
horrible mess I'm in.  I'm actually considering calling a crisis line (no, not
for suicide...I'm not having those thoughts), something I've never before done.

But it does help talking about it here.