--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:10 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > I disagree with your assessment of the religious
> > nature of TM, but am not inclined to sum up your
> > POV as the result of some negitive emotional state.
> > We just disagree on the religious nature of TM
> > instruction.  This doesn't surprise me because you
> > didn't spend many weeks bowing down to the floor to
> > a picture of Maharishi's dead guru after invoking
> > divine and semi divine Gods in the Hindu religion.
> > (Vyasa is 3/4 Vishnu don't ya know.)  It is easier
> > for you to ignore its religious roots.
>
> This selective memory and selective seeing interests me.

This is total crap. There's no "selective memory" or
"selective seeing" involved. What there is, of course,
is a disagreement about what constitutes a religious
teaching.

I see the same things Curtis sees (except for things
only TM teachers do). I just don't think the only way
to understand them is in religious terms, nor do I
understand them that way. They certainly weren't
taught to me that way when I learned TM.

>From my perspective, forcing plain-vanilla TM into
a religious box is a function of cognitive
limitation, an inability to deal with abstraction.

And your "interest" is only in finding something to
slam TMers with.