I am SO bored with this topic I can't chime
in with much more than a rant. I don't see
how anyone with an ounce of integrity can
*possibly* be arguing that the TMO does not
teach religiously-based ideas.

But I do understand WHY people don't have
that ounce of integrity. They've been taught
that when it comes to fundamental points of
TM dogma that the ONLY thing that matters is
not only following them but defending them.

And one of the strongest and MOST drummed-
into-people's-heads pieces of dogma during
their TM instruction is "TM Is Not A Religion."
It's said in every Introductory Lecture,
*whether the subject comes up on its own or
not*, it's said during each night of the three
nights of checking, *whether the subject comes
up on its own or not*, and it's said pretty
much every time after that that the subject
of religion comes up. For years. Ad absurdum.

This is arguably **THE** most fundamental piece
of TM dogma, probably repeated more often than
"Thou shalt not strain on the mantra."

And after all that much repetition, people just
lose all sense of perspective about it. The sub-
ject comes up, and they become mindless evangel-
ists for the TM Is Not A Religion Religion.

They'll say ANYTHING rather than admit what
MOST of them know to be the truth, that OF
COURSE all of the TM dogma is based on Hindu
dogma. They'll lie, they'll deny, they'll come
with up excuses, they'll obfuscate, they'll
attempt to distract, they'll do ANYTHING
rather than violate this First Commandment.

And personally I'm getting a little tired of it.
There seems to me to be NO QUESTION that
teaching TM *as it is taught now* in American
school systems violates the Constitution. TM
Teachers are just not CAPABLE of teaching
the basic technique 1) without a religious puja,
and 2) without all of the directly-derived-from-
Hinduism "explanations" of what is "really"
happening when you meditate during the three
nights of checking, and afterwards.

The ONLY way to keep this essentially religious
dogma from being taught in schools is to not
allow it to be taught there in the first place.
We simply cannot TRUST TM Teachers to "leave out"
the parts of the dogma that are directly derived
from Hindu thought when they present the three
nights of checking, let alone afterwards, as they
try to suck these students into "Advanced Tech-
niques" and the Siddhis. And *everyone* here
knows that that's exactly what they will do.

It is EXACTLY the same situation that caused
Thomas Jefferson to write one of his most remem-
bered quotes, the one that graces the Jefferson
Memorial in Washington. This quote was written
in a letter to a friend discussing an attempt
by Christians to teach *their* dogma in a school
system. In that particular case, *they* promised
"not to teach anything explicitly religious"
either, and NO ONE BELIEVED THEM.

NO ONE SHOULD BELIEVE THE TMO EITHER.

Instead, believe Thomas Jefferson. He had the
right idea:

"I have sworn upon the altar of God
eternal hostility against every from
of tyranny over the mind of man."

Jefferson was talking about *preventing* the teach-
ing of religion in schools in America. The principle
still stands. It stands in the case of Christianity,
and it stands in the case of the TM Is Not A
Religion Religion.

IMO, of course...