From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:21 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Who's a TM teacher? (Re: Free Web Event:
McCartney/Lynch)

According to Rick the Vedas says "Be easy to the meditators with gentle
effort".

I didn't make up the quote. I'm quoting Maharishi verbatim. He repeated the
quote many times in that lecture and it isn't a long one - "Be easy to us
with gentle effort" - so it's not hard to remember accurately. Interpret it
how you will, but Maharishi was very clear in explaining that there is a
sort of effort involved in TM, but that it is so gentle or subtle that
"effort" is not the appropriate word to describe it, and that using that
word would be misleading and probably cause people to overdo it. Perhaps
Cardemeister can find the actual passage Maharishi was quoting, and we can
see what it means in its original context.