"raunchydog" wrote:
> Vaj, Your superior tone is nothing more than delusions grandeur. You
think you know about TM. You don't. By the way when and where did you do
TTC? Did you ever teach anyone TM? Where and when was that? If you're a
TM teacher, as Judy says you claim, you've seriously fallen off the
wagon. Answer straight up or expose yourself as a fraud.

Phihhh on any notion of a "trained TM teacher."

I did eight months of TTC, many ATRs, two SCI one-monthers in Arcata,
and in all that time I never met a TB who was convincingly clear about
the tenets of the TM technique.  Everyone was comfortable with ADDING TO
the "checking notes instructions" their own twist when it came to
sussing out the philosophy behind the technique.

In the field, when I would watch other teachers give a first lecture, I
would -- almost always -- cringe deeply at something they said.

Here's the bottom line about becoming a TM teacher -- a so-called expert
exponetent of reality:  you are merely tested on the checking notes and
the puja mechanics and NEVER tested on your understanding of the
philosophy.  Hell, you're given the mantras, but no one ever checks if
you've memorized them or are able to pronounce them as Maharishi taught
them.  There's no final exam about effortlessness or any other core
concept of the TM POV.

And, even here at FFL we see long time meditators and long time
initiators disagreeing with one another about effortlessness.  The
movement never offered a "Doctor of TM Philosophy in consciousness
dynamics" program, and the seven step teaching program doesn't try to
inculcate clarity in the meditators.  "Just do this and don't ask any
questions" is the basic TMO presentation.

I find Vaj's nuancing a GREAT BIG HELP in that I have to come to a
higher clarity to either agree or disagree with his statements.  He's no
push over, and it will take precision wording to go toe to toe with him.

Most of the naysayers who are contending that TM is effortless no matter
what Vaj "comes up with," are not listening to him and grasping his POV
well enough to come back at him, and instead, are content to  fall back
on memorized text from Maharishi to be the Vaj-countering argument.

To me, this thread is woefully needing a scholar to come forth and do
proper battle with Vaj about what constitues "effort."  He's given some
very clear statements that might be right or wrong, but they're precise
and draw a well defined line in the sand.  Others are merely kicking
sand on his line instead of drawing their own lines and defending that
their lines are more apt drawn.

To me there never was a TM teacher of any philosophical merit -- all
teachers were sent into the world without clarity or "scholarship about
consciousness" credentials.  To me, it now seems that Maharishi let us
all go out and be preachers of any nonsense as long as we sent the money
to him and didn't obviously espouse anti-TM constructs.

And, don't forget, there was no IQ test given to those that went to TTC
-- by the bell curve alone, we know that some teachers were dim-wits who
could NEVER get enough intellectual clarity about the technique to
debate Vaj -- call them Trotakacharya types if you will, but they HAD to
strictly stay with the checking notes when any questions came from the
peanut gallery.

So, if Vaj did go to TTC, it is easy to see him as "just another teacher
being churned out by the TTC machine" who eventually came into his own
philosophy that  lead him to abandon the technique.  If he'd been, er,
"brainwashed better during TTC," he may have been blinkered enough to
use his rationalization powers to keep being in denial about TM.

Thankfully, I'm in the Advaita camp, and anything to do with meat-robot
mechanics is always a secondary concept compared to the importance of
ending ANY identification process.  The TM technique has one identifying
with the mantra until the mantra dissolves into the "noise" of other
mental experiences.  Awareness is never INCREASED -- and instead, the
mantra's existence is sensed more easily even when the cacophony of
other mentation would normally wash it out like a fire engine's blaring
does to "other traffic noises."

This is not a process of increasing awareness -- it is a process of
training one's ability to attend to the least excitations of mentality.
See the difference?  One is always entirely endowed with awareness --
there's no more awareness to be gained -- it is the USE of
attention-identification that is practiced.  When one comes back to the
mantra, generally it is at a higher energy level than "when one last
experienced the mantra," but it is not a bigass loudly said mantra as it
is when the eyes are first closed.  Thus, one gets jiggy with putting
the attention on the nuancing of "how loudly am I thinking a thought,"
by practicing the taking of the mantra at all levels of excitation.

Right now your elbow is talking to you, but you've been ignoring it
while reading these words -- only now does your attention get placed
upon the elbow's message -- see? -- you're targeting a subtle experience
with precsion attentioning -- an experience that was being IGNORED ON
PURPOSE!  Just so, do we practice seeing the mantra in the midst of many
other messages that are available to our minds if we but attend to them,
but we practice IGNORING THE MILIEU OF MENTATION.

Amness -- the buzz of OM -- is the quietest level of excitation -- get
your mind able to target that experience, and you've got a mind that is
prepared to finally jump out of reality and attend to non-attention, the
Absolute.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj vajradhatu@ wrote:

> > > My god, don't you guys ever get tired
> > > of this boring crap?
> >

> > Yes, I do. It's probably time for a TM and mantra meditation FAQ.
But