thank you once again for proving something through your impeccable scholarship
that many of us intuitively and experientally know about Vaj, that he lies
continuously about his knowledge and practice of TM. i hope i didn't say that
too loudly and rally his 3 or 4 supporters on this forum...

my only question would be why you honor his ego trip with the adjective Naga?
he is not out to dispel or dislodge our natural practice, only to try and
confirm his own inferior one, a far lesser goal.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptyb...@...> wrote:

> Sorry to have to point it out but you have all been played for fools by
> Naga Vaj.
>

> Some posts back Vaj began claiming that TM practitioners don't
> transcend but only sink into a kind of unconscious state because they
> cultivate mental laxity during meditation. He posted a quote from a book
> on meditative states given by a Tibetan scholar, Lati Rinpoche, that
> describes nine stages of concentration. Vaj then tried to use this quote
> as an example of how TM is a faulty meditation practice.
>

> Vaj:
>
> This style of transcendence is taught in nine levels. They're described
> in two files in the file section:
>

> Your first clue that you were being played was Vaj's description of
> a "style" of transcendence taught in "nine levels".
> Sound slightly suspicious? How many levels of transcendence are there?
> In the context of MMY's Vedanta based teachings, transcendence means
> turya-chaitanya, the fourth state beyond the relative cycles of waking,
> dreaming and sleeping. "Beyond the relative cycles" means in
> this context, Absoluteness, where there are no levels and where there
> can be no levels - much less "nine levels of transcendence".
>

> Vaj knows this of course, so what he is deliberately doing is
> superimposing one particular Buddhist conceptual scheme from one strand
> of Buddhism onto FFL member's descriptions of their TM experience.
> He is then claiming correlation between various types of TM experience
> with the specific stages and phases of a single Buddhist meditative
> schema. What Vaj deliberately leaves out of the discussion are the quite
> incomparable elements between these two utterly different methods of
> meditative practice.

<snip>